Back to plan your stay
Nydia Track in the Pelorous Sound
Nelson Lakes National Park's
Lake Rotoiti area
Mount Richmond Ranges
A combination of shorter, less challenging but always interesting walks can be taken. These may include:
- a river walk through striking limestone bluff country to the dramatic 80m deep Saw Cut Gorge
- a stroll along Marlborough's eastern coastline to Chancet Rocks. You will see the local seal colony and look for shags, terns, gulls and oystercatchers.
- make a choice between several bush walks in the Mt Richmond Ranges. You will pass through some magnificent stands of native bush.
- choose from a number of historically significant forest walks in the Wakamarina or Waikakaho Valleys that follow old gold mining trails.
- wander through the Wairau Lagoons, a nationally significant estuarine wetland with many nesting birds.
- from the Pelorus Scenic reserve follow the pristine Pelorus River through native bush to the Emerald Pools, a great swimming and fishing area